About the Journal
The Bulletin of the Polish Academy of Sciences: Technical Sciences (Bull. Pol. Acad. Sci. Tech. Sci.)
is published by the Division IV: Engineering Sciences of the Polish Academy of Sciences. The journal is peer‐reviewed and since 2020 is published only in electronic form (http://www.journals.pan.pl/bpasts
). It is established for the publication of original high quality papers from multidisciplinary Engineering sciences with the following topics preferred:
• Artificial and Computational Intelligence,
• Biomedical Engineering and Biotechnology,
• Civil Engineering,
• Control, Informatics and Robotics,
• Electronics, Telecommunication and Optoelectronics,
• Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering, Thermodynamics,
• Material Science and Nanotechnology,
• Power Systems and Power Electronics.
Format of the journal – electronic form,
The volume of the journal – (ca 20 papers) + contents page,
Frequency of publication – bimonthly,
ISSN: 2300-1917 (on line version),
Journal citation: Bull. Pol. Acad. Sci. Tech. Sci.
ISO: Bull. Pol. Acad. Sci. Tech. Sci.,
JCR Abbrev: B POL ACAD SCI TECH
Acronym in the Editorial System: BPASTS
|JCR Impact Factor 2020:
|5 Year Impact Factor 2020:
|SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2020:
|Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2020:
|The Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education 2020: ||100 points
• Invited reviews
presenting the state of the knowledge and/or devoted to novel topics,
• Refereed research papers
reporting on original scientific or technological achievements,
• Refereed papers in special issues/sections
serving as conference proceedings arranged by guest editors.
Special Section Policy
Proposals of original Special Sections within the scope of the Journal may be submitted to the Editorial Office. Special Section submission rules are described in detail at:
BPASTS Special Section Policy.pdf
Guest Editor form needed for submitting a Special Section proposal:
Guest Editor(s) Information Form.doc
Manuscript Submission Policy
All manuscripts submitted for publication should be original. Manuscripts published or under consideration for publication elsewhere should not be submitted and will not be considered.
Submission of a paper implies that it has not been published previously, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, and that if accepted it will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the Publisher.
However, manuscripts based on papers published at related conferences and workshops proceedings may be submitted
for consideration provided that: (1) the papers are not identical (similarity index must be below 50%), (2) the authors cite their earlier conference paper on which this new work is based, (3) the journal publication includes clearly shown novel elements (e.g., more comprehensive experiments).
Manuscript submission for review
The Bull. Pol. Acad. Sci. Tech. Sci.
now employs a Web-based manuscript submission and peer-review tracking system called Editorial System. Authors must submit their manuscript electronically
on the web: http://www.editorialsystem.com/bpasts/
From this entry page, access can be obtained to all information required for the submission of a manuscript. First‐time users must create an Author’s account to obtain a user ID and password required to enter the system. All manuscripts receive individual identification codes that should be used in any correspondence with regard to the publication process. For the authors already registered in the Editorial System it is enough to enter their username and password to login as an author (Sign in).
Author(s) will be notified about registration and manuscript review process by e-mail.
The manuscripts must be uploaded as a single PDF file.
If you experience difficulties with the manuscript submission website, please contact the Copy Editor of the Bull. Pol. Acad. Sci. Tech. Sci.
(Renata Podraza: [email protected]
Names of authors and their affiliation should be removed from the manuscripts for the review process in order to have a fair evaluation of their manuscript. All authors of the manuscript are responsible for its content; they must have agreed to its publication and have given the corresponding author the authority to act on their behalf in all matters pertaining to publication. The Corresponding Author is responsible for informing the coauthors of the manuscript status throughout the submission, review, and production process. All submitted papers are checked using iThenticate plagiarism detection software.
1. The manuscript
should be written in clear and concise English.
2. For manuscript preparation please use the attached Word
3. Please remember that in the .pdf version of the manuscript for evaluation process author(s) name(s) and affiliation should be removed.
4. Authors should consult a recent issue of the journal for style if possible.
Manuscript decision and Proofs
Manuscript evaluations are assigned one of four outcomes: Accept, Minor Revisions, Major Revisions, and Reject
. Manuscripts with "Minor Revision" do not require a second review. All manuscripts receiving a "Major Revision" evaluation must be subjected to a second review. Rejected manuscripts are given no further consideration. Normally, manuscripts that receive a "Major Revision" decision have only one additional chance for revision and the revised version should be uploaded to the Editorial System within six weeks
. If the author(s) failed to make satisfactory changes, the manuscript is rejected. On acceptance, manuscripts are subject to editorial amendment to suit house style.
Transfer of Copyright Agreement
Once the paper is initially accepted, the authors are assumed to have transferred the copyright of the paper to the publisher. Please fill the attached Form
, sign, and add to the final version of the manuscript as separate .pdf file. It is also available at: BPASTS_License_to_publish.pdf
will be sent to the author (first named author if no corresponding author is identified for multi-authored papers) and should be returned within 48 hours
Fees for publishing the article
The Bulletin of the Polish Academy of Sciences: Technical Sciences (Bull. Pol. Acad. Sci. Tech. Sci.) is published in Open Access, which means that all papers are available
on the internet to all users immediately upon publication free of charge
for the readers. By submitting a paper for publication, authors declare that they are ready to cover the costs of editing their paper. In exchange for a fee, the PDF file of published paper is available at the Open Access platform:
National (foreign) authors:
• The flat fee of 1500 PLN (approximately 330 EUR) per paper up to 8 pages
Exempt from the fee are:
• Authors of articles ordered by the Editorial Board (Invited papers)
50% discount for:
• Reviewers (who performed at least 5 reviews per year) – one paper per year
• Guest Editors (the discount is valid only within the special section guest-edited by the author)
Mandatory over-length charges of 230 PLN (approximately 50 EUR) per page
in case the paper exceeds
• 8 double-column pages for regular research papers,
• 8 double-column pages for Special issue/section papers,
• No limit for invited (review) papers.
Information needed for Proforma Invoice
1. Author’s/Authors’ Last name(s), Name(s), e-mail
2. Title of the paper
3. Exact name of the payer (person / institution or other legal entity realizing the transfer)
4. Address of the payer
5. Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN, in Polish NIP) – only when paid by an institution or another legal entity!
Check list for final submission to the Bull. Pol. Acad. Sci. Tech. Sci. (after review and initial acceptance)
1. Please use the BPASTS style template when preparing the final version of your paper. Please pay special attention to writing correctly the list of references. Manuscripts which are not prepared in line with BPASTS style template will be returned to the author(s)!
BPASTS template: Word
2. Once you have edited your manuscript using the template, please prepare the following files for uploading
a) manuscript in Word or LaTeX (Figures, Tables and their captions embedded in corresponding sections of the paper),
b) manuscript exported to a PDF file,
c) all Figures saved as separate files in a ZIP archive.
3. Is your manuscript up to date? Did you include references, which were published while your manuscript was being processed? It is expected that at least 20% of references are to journal papers published in the last two years. Authors are welcome to consider reference papers published in the Bull. Pol. Acad. Sci. Tech. Sci.
In order to find the recent Bull. Pol. Acad. Sci. Tech. Sci.
papers please visit Open Access platform: http://www.journals.pan.pl/bpasts
4. Is your title adequate and is your abstract correctly written? In the age of electronic publications it is not easy to be noticed! Authors have to do everything possible so the paper will be seen and read. Therefore, very careful wording should be used in the title and in the abstract. Without a proper and interesting title and abstract a great paper might never be downloaded from the platform http://www.journals.pan.pl/bpasts
5. Does the manuscript clearly describe problem(s) and your accomplishments? Can your manuscript be shortened? Are there sentences or paragraphs that do not provide important information and can be eliminated?
6. Is the length of your manuscript adequate? Please notice that for long papers, you may face mandatory over length charges per page.
7. Please make sure that the fee for printing your manuscript is paid.
Please upload your final manuscript
files and the Copyright Transfer Agreement via Editorial System: https://www.editorialsystem.com/bpasts/